The Beckley Human Rights Ordinance prohibits discrimination in housing based on:
- National Origin
- Familial Status
It is against the law for a landlord or realtor to:
- Refuse to sell, rent or lease based on discriminatory reasons.
- Deny you an application for a rental apartment.
- Refuse to provide services, repairs, or improvements to a rental unit.
- Publish or advertise any preference or limitations for housing.
- Engage in the blockbusting-persuading owners to sell or rent housing by telling them that minority groups are moving into the neighborhood.
- Steer people into or away from neighborhoods for racial purposes.