City Hall | 409 S Kanawha St Beckley, WV 25801
Parks and Recreation
- The signer of the contract shall be responsible for any and all damages to the premises incurred by individuals or for the theft of loss of any items, during the term of the lease.
- Music is allowed at a moderate volume. No loud noises or music are permitted from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. due to City Code Noise Ordinance.
- Cancellation of rental agreement forfeits fees paid to the City of Beckley, unless a 30 day notice is given. No exceptions. If you do qualify for a refund, a $15.00 processing fee is deducted from the amount paid to the City of Beckley.
- The renter shall hold harmless and indemnify the City of Beckley, it officers, agents, and employee’s for any and all damages or costs, including, but not limited, Attorneys’ fees resulting from any injuries or cause of action resulting from the leasing of these premises.
- If you move picnic tables, return to the original place before you leave.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Place all garbage in trash cans. If you change the bag, leave bag inside of the shelter. Our employees will take it away.
- Additional fees will be charged if excessive expenses occur due to cleanup or damage to facilities.
- No nails, bolts, or staples, or other hardware shall be driven into building structures or picnic tables.
- There will be no sale or solicitation of food or merchandise in rental facilities or the parks. No admittance fee can be charged to enter the facility.
- Inclement Weather Policy: no refunds due to the weather. Rescheduling is only possibility with the availability of facilities during the same year.
- Vehicles are prohibited from driving or parking on grass areas or walkways.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Removal and disposal of pet waste is required.
- The use, sale and/or consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Canopies or tents may be used only when secured with weights, no stakes are allowed to be driven into the ground.
- Commercial inflatable devices or portable play structures are permitted if the Parks and Recreation Office are notified (304) 256-1748 and providing proof of General Commercial Liability Insurance and naming the City of Beckley as “additional insured”.
- Table top grills are not permitted on picnic tables.
- Metal detectors are prohibited.
- Vehicles must obey the speed limit of 5 mph or slower
- Littering in the park areas is prohibited.
- Playground equipment is to be used by children and youth only.
- No wading in park fountains.
- No vendors.
New River Park—10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Freedom Park Shelters— dawn to dusk
Maxwell Hill Community Center— 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. keep in mind there is a Noise Ordinance between the hours of 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Maxwell Hill Shelter—dawn to dusk