PARKING ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT
Police Department | 501 Neville St. Beckley, WV 25801 | 304-256-1720 | 304-256-1721
Beckley Police Department
Sound parking enforcement is important to the health, safety and economic vitality of the City of Beckley. Our dedicated and productive enforcement staff is the heart of our effective parking enforcement program. A well designed enforcement effort enables the City to maximize its use of the existing parking supply.
Among the activities performed by the Meter Department are:
- Patrol a designated route or area of the City and enforce the City Ordinances with regard to parking.
- Issue citations to vehicles parked illegally, such as loading zone violations, no-parking zones, fire lane violations, double parking, expired time zones, expired parking meters, handicapped parking, etc.
- Detect and report malfunctioning parking meters.
- Public relations; interpret policy/procedure to the public; assist public regarding location of streets, buildings and other points of interest around town.
Pay or Contest a Citation
It is preferred that you do not mail cash due to the inability to track payment, but this is accepted. Payment is preferred and accepted by mail in the forms of personal check, cashier’s check, or money order. Do not mail credit card information.
You may enclose the amount indicated inside of the parking citation envelope and deposit it in one of the yellow courtesy boxes, which are located in the uptown Beckley area.
- Payment for parking citations is made to the City of Beckley, at the address listed on the back of the citation envelope.
- Your payment will be correctly applied against your citation. Fees escalate in accordance with a schedule listed on the citation envelope if not paid promptly.
- If you received a citation you will notice the mailing address on the citation envelope is:
- City of Beckley 501 Neville St. Beckley, WV 25801
Payment may be made in person at the Records Division counter by cash, money order, cashier’s check, Visa or MasterCard at the address listed above. You will also receive a receipt of payment when you pay in person. This can be done 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
**Payment is required within 72 hours after issuance of a meter violation to avoid a fine increase**
If you disagree with the citation, you are encouraged to speak with the issuing officer by contacting the Parking Enforcement Division. Your second option is to request a court date for a hearing before a judge. The court requires that an appeal be filed with them within 90 days of ticket issuance.
Please direct questions and comments to:
Beckley Meter Department
501 Neville St.
Beckley, WV 25801
Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Booting and Towing of Vehicles
The boot is a device used to immobilize vehicles that have accumulated two or more unpaid parking violations or who repeatedly violates the monthly parking spaces. City of Beckley Ordinance, Chapter 14, Article I, Section 14-18 gives authorization for the towing or booting of a vehicle when citations are issued and remain unpaid.
Should your vehicle get booted for outstanding citations, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE IT….THIS WILL RESULT IN SEVERE DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE. To have the boot removed you must pay all your outstanding parking violations. Payment can be made at the City of Beckley Police Department, 501 Neville St. Phone 304-256-1720. Upon payment, a parking enforcement employee will meet you at your car and release it.
If the boot remains on your vehicle for 24 hours, your car may be towed and you will be liable for towing and storage costs in addition to the amount owed for outstanding parking citations.