City Hall | 409 S Kanawha St Beckley, WV 25801
The historic home of Beckley’s founder, General Alfred Beckley, is opened during the summer months and for special pre-arranged tours and occasions throughout the year.
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, the original double log structure was built in 1836. Typifying the mountaineer spirit in the truest sense, the log house became know as “Wildwood”.
Lovingly restored and filled with period antiques, many owned by the Beckley family, “Wildwood” played a significant part in early Raleigh County history.
The Ralsten family deeded the home to the Raleigh County Historical Society in 1985 and then it was deeded to the City of Beckley in 1993.
For more information or to book a group tour contact Leslie Baker at 304-252-3730.